Qigong is an energy practice from China with a 2,000-year history of helping to re-balance the body and mind. It has many other health benefits too.
Now you can experience the powerful and liberating effects of Qigong with Alessandro Ferullo, the founder of Flowing Health.
Qi (pronounced Chi) means Energy.
Energy is naturally flowing in the body and energy permeates all living things.
Similar to blood in its function, energy makes any being, (human or animal) feel alive. The Cultivation of Qi, known as Qigong, awakens and improves physical and mental health and has many other health benefits such as re balancing your energy system leading to greater clarity of purpose and mental focus.
Qi Gong is a powerful system of health, which has effects on many levels.
Qi Gong can harmonise, strengthen and have a healing effect on the functioning of all the internal organs and bodily systems. It increases the supply and flow of energy throughout the body, can have a variety of rejuvenating effects and is believed to increase longevity, and it induces calm mental and emotional states.
Initially many movements focus on gently opening and stretching the joints and muscles of the body, releasing tension that has often been there for years. By increasing the flow of blood and energy, they help to fully nourish all parts of the body.
Qigong is mainly practised through simple energetic body movements and breathing techniques.
The ongoing Qigong classes will cover the following
1. De stressing, how to start the day, be more energized, have more peace of mind, calmer emotions and become more productive. Introducing the advanced self healing form.
2. Working on posture, standing and strengthening the spine, self-healing form practice.
3. Image meditation, switching off the mind and resting the mind. Self healing form. Calming our energy system when needed. Practical ideas for the office and for home.
4. Special breathing techniques, calming our energy system, emptying the mind, being more inspired etc
5. Understanding the mind, switching off the mind, creating more capacity in the mind..
6. Relaxation. Practice for the end of the day , helping you sleep better, centering our energy and calming the mind. Self healing form.
7. Improving and speeding up digestion for better mental focus after meals (Digesting food quickly and effectively in 10 -15 mins) instead of the usual 2-3 hours it takes. Avoid feeling lethargic after lunch/dinner so you can focus better on your work.
8. Calming practice, gathering the energy back your main energy centre (the Dantien). The Dantien is the most important energy centre in the body. Located in the lower abdomen midway 3 fingers below the navel and three fingers into the body. As our main energy centre it stores Qi and propels Qi through the body like a pump
What are some of the benefits of Qigong?
• De-stressing and switching off your mind
• Greater focus and mental clarity
• Connects you to yourself and others
• Simple, enjoyable and fun exercises to re-charge and re-balance your energy system
• Simple methods to re-charge and re-balance your energy system
• Easy ways to improve your posture
• Breathing techniques to promote inner peace and to calm emotions
Alessandro Ferullo I founded Flowing Health to help people stay healthy, vibrant, joyful and inspired – enabling you to fulfil your true potential.
I have been studying with Master Zhixing Wang, the founder of the Hua Gong style of Qigong for more than 25 years and have taught Qigong classes in London, Brighton and Canterbury for over 10 years.
Please download the free e-book on the website www.flowinghealth.co.uk